New Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Adios Summer!

Oh Summer, why can't you stay forever? Don't leave me with Fall and her horrible habit of ending Daylight Savings, during which I'll have to endure four months of watching the sun set over the highway from inside my car on the way home from work. I much prefer watching it on the beach at a reasonable hour, like anytime between 7 and 8 pm.
I mean, think about the surfers! You know they don't surf in the dark. You're just going to make them wait for the weekend? How rude. I mean, I get it, the whole circle of life thing - beginnings and endings, transformation, regeneration, blah blah blah - but I'm really going to miss you.
I'm going to miss your warmth on my skin. I'm going to miss your golden glow. I'm going to miss dresses and bare feet and cold drinks. 



I'm going to miss having fun in the sun with friends because Fall and Winter sun just isn't as warm (or fun). I just love you so much, Summer; you're so good to me and that's why I wish you would stick around for a little longer. Look at all the fun we had together:
It's not just me, you know. Everyone loves you - from the young to the old, from the animals to the humans. And we are happy to share you! That is, until you move on to another hemisphere, then my feelings get hurt.
There's just so much to do when you're around! From "fancy" yacht rides...
To laid-back sailing...
To just straight forward lounging around.
Sigh. Okay, I think I've processed the fact that you're leaving me (deep breaths). I have plenty of photos and memories of you that I'll resort to in a couple of months when it's dark by 5:00 and I'm shivering in a sweater. I will miss you and eagerly await you and your sweet sister, Spring. Till then enjoy your time in the Southern Hemisphere, I bet they can't wait to see you.

2 comments:

cooter said...

Was that Cassie (sp?) surfing? That's awesome!! Aaaaand my toes! I am dreading summer ending, too.

Anonymous said...

Ay! Mi Nanita! I can imagine how you feel, but Summer will be back before you know it. You're lucky to live in a beautiful place where summers are so spectacular and enjoyable unlike other places as you well know, like in South TX. Fall and winter are going to be special too and they will bring you their own unique beauty and joy. Smile and make them your friends too! ;)