New Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Transitions and Slowing Down

August has been a month of transitions.

I'm transitioning from working part-time as a classified school employee to full-time as a certificated teacher. Today was back to school day for most public school students and teachers in California and it was my first day as a kindergarten teacher. It went well, hardly any tears. I'm excited to be working as an educator again since it's been a year since I was last in the classroom and I'm looking forward to seeing what public education in California is like, compared to Florida and Texas.

*I won't give up till every child knows the difference between Drangons and Dragons!

Chris and I are transitioning from being home renters to home owners and have been moving into our new house little by little over the past two weeks. The plan is to move in fully by this weekend and, hopefully, Saturday night will be the first time we stay overnight and wake up at our new place. It's been a little stressful at times, moving to a new house at the same time as the beginning of the school year, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it looks a lot like being in a steamy jacuzzi with a glass of wine.

*Oh soft silver-grey, you're so much brighter than brown.

Until we are moved in and I establish a work routine at school I won't be posting as much as I'd like to. Not being able to write as often as I have been is a big sacrifice for me but I'm hoping that after a few weeks things will slow down, my professional and personal responsibilities will fall into place, and I can start writing more again. Right now I just feel like I'm the ball in a kid's soccer game, going all over the place but not making any goals.


So don't give up on this little blog of mine, I'll be posting sporadically when I get the chance and I'll be back to posting several times a week as soon as I can. Till then I'll amass a collection of vegan recipes, SoCal feminist news, projects, and life lessons to share later. And as always, thanks for reading!











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must Bears be leashed as well? Best of luck in your transitions!
Pop

Anonymous said...

I will miss reading your blog, but I understand.
Can't wait for the next one. : )
Mami