New Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Casa Franich - A Grown Ups House

Disclaimer: I started writing this with paint still in my hair, aching muscles, and on my second glass of wine. If my sentences don't make sense I challenge you to paint an entire house in two days and then write about it.



In May Chris and I found a real estate agent and began to look for a house to buy. By June we found a great house and made an offer which was soon accepted. In July escrow closed and we became home owners and landlords simultaneously, as we waited for the sellers to find their perfect house. And now, in August, we have started moving in and by September 1st we will officially be finished with renting...forever (or so I hope).

The house is in really good shape so the only pre-move in projects we have going on are wall painting (because, as you'll soon see for yourselves, the colors were horrendous) and hardwood/laminate floor installation. We've contracted someone to help us with both endeavors (because it's so much work and we don't have the time to do it all ourselves) so his team of people are painting all the walls downstairs (except the kitchen), ripping out the carpet upstairs, and installing the new floor. Chris and I, along with the help of a couple of family members, are painting all the walls upstairs.

*Chris' face says it all

Our new property is over 2,000 square feet, has four bedrooms, two and a half baths, a  large jacuzzi, a built-in BBQ (for grilling all our vegetables), and a view that sold us. Here are some "before" photos of the inside of the house:

Downstairs - I apologize ahead of time for not putting these pictures in logical order but, again, read the disclaimer.
*The kitchen will remain as is, for now. I eventually would like to have open shelving.

Upstairs:


Second Story Paint Crew:


Thanks for stopping by to get a glimpse of the "before" house tour. I'll be posting pictures of our freshly painted walls soon and you can see how the magic of paint transforms our house from dysentery ward to Caribbean spa!














































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the ex-home owners do not read your blog! ;-). But, really, I admire your imagination to see the beauty of this house through the distasteful colors everywhere! As if one butt-color per room wasn't enough, they combined colors in some rooms! Can't wait to see the after pictures!
Pop

Anonymous said...

I never knew there were so many ways to describe the color of excrement. Bravo! Can't wait for the after too. As in, when this is all done.

Good post even if you were tired . -C