New Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Almost Famous on Citizen Radio

Of course it would be my sister who introduced me to the awesome independent radio station, Citizen Radio. What else would I expect from the person from whom I learned the magic of veganism, feminism, Bjork, and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs? So it's perfectly fitting that she is the one who called me yesterday and asked "Have you listened to today's Citizen Radio episode?!". I hadn't yet but I had a vague idea about what she was alluding to. See, a week ago I emailed the folk at Citizen Radio with a story I thought they might find interesting and, as it turns out, they did! Interesting enough to read my email on air and then discuss it for seven minutes. 

I don't want to spoil it for you but here's a hint: tempeh, Albertsons, and my grandmother are all involved. I hope you'll listen to it and enjoy the short clip enough to download the Citizen Radio podcast (it's free!) and listen on a daily basis because Jamie and Allison tell us news the way mainstream media wishes it could. 



As always, thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are famous now, Nana, and can only get more famous!
Pop

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic!
drew

Anonymous said...

Awesome!
Mami