New Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day Recap in Pictures

On Sunday we celebrated Mother's Day at our place. Chris and I spent the weekend near Los Angeles so we had to rush home to get our house ready for company. After two cups of coffee each we tackled all the chores and even managed to make ourselves presentable (as in showered and dressed, I had no time for makeup or fussing over hair) by the time everyone arrived at our doorstep.


Since raising children is a community effort and motherhood so frequently entails extra people that aren't biological mothers we invited Chris' mom, of course, along with his maternal grandmother, his step-grandmother, and his friend's mother and neighbor from his childhood home, along with the entourage that follows all these ladies around.


I made a coconut and citrus kale salad and then lemonade vodka with muddled strawberries and orange tequila cocktails for everyone and we ate chips and dip, chatted, switched back and forth between golf and basketball on the television, and generally hung out waiting for the grilled steaks and baked potatoes to be ready to eat.



*This is the real me here, folks. Wish I could blame the photographer for all these weird shots of me but I'm just truly awkward in front of the camera.

By the time dinner was ready we were all feeling hungry and happy, eager to share another meal with and honor the women who literally make life possible.


I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day! And even though I didn't get to see my own Mami she knows I celebrate and love her everyday of my life. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll be living closer in the (near!) future. 




No comments: